SOGS Update, the official monthly electronic newsletter from SOGS, keeps you up to date on issues and events affecting graduate students at Western University.
For updates on events, issues and discussion relevant to graduate students and Western between editions of the newsletter, consider the following:
SOGS is trying out a new newsletter format, please let us know what you think. For a full preview of the contents, please view the detailed index below the image. Click on the image below to open the PDF of the entire newsletter in a separate window.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to give us your feedback, or to submit newsletter content.
GET INVOLVED (pg. 2)
- Call for SOGS committee members (Academic Committee, Bylaws and Constitution Committee, Graduate Peer Support Committee, Policy Committee), commissioner (Advocacy Commissioner), and Speaker.
GRAD SOCIAL LIFE (pg. 3-4)
- Board Game Night: @ The Grad Club, June 23, 7PM
- Yoga on UC Hill: June 28, 7PM
- Global Cafe presented by IESC and IGSIC: June 29, 3-5PM
- IGSIC and IESC Niagara Falls trip: July 8, 8AM-6PM
- IGSIC and OSC Grand Bend beach trip: August 5, 9AM-6PM
- IGSIC and IESC Canada’s Wonderland Trip: August 26, 8AM-8PM
SOGS TRIVIA & CONTESTS (pg. 5)
- SOGS May trivia winners
- SOGS June trivia and photo contest
- SOGS 2017-18 Handbook photo cover contest
@ THE GRAD CLUB (pg. 6)
- Upcoming Events
- Summer Hours
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (pg. 7)
- Academic and Professional Communication Series
- Teaching Assistant Training Program (TATP)
- Weekly Thesis Writing Time
- Important Academic Dates
2017 GRADUATE STUDENT TEACHING AWARD WINNERS (pg. 8)
STUDENT LIFE (P. 9)
- Ontario Electricity Support Program
- SOGS Food Bank initiative for NON-TA MEMBERS
- Columbia Sportswear employee discount (June 5-25)
MEET YOUR NEW EXECUTIVE (pg. 9)
- President, Mary Blake Bonn
- VP Academic, Jina Kum