SOGS Update, the official monthly electronic newsletter from SOGS, keeps you up to date on issues and events affecting graduate students at Western University.
SOGS is trying out a new newsletter format, please let us know what you think. Links are underlined and active in PDF, and a detailed index is below.
IN THE JULY ISSUE OF SOGS UPDATE:
- “Out in the Sun” ceremony, Western Pride Flag Raising – Concrete Beach, July 20, 10:30am
- London Pride Parade – Western Fair District Parking Lot (Off Rectory Street). July 30, parade formation 11:30am. Parade starts at 12:30 p.m.
- Call for SOGS committee members
- Academic Committee
- Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Award (GSTA) Committee
- Ad-hoc committee for Ontario-wide research conference
- International Graduate Students’ Issues Committee (IGSIC)
- Sign up as a Volunteer for SOGS Orientation – International Graduate Student Meet and Greet (September 12, 3-5pm). Receive a FREE meal and gain volunteer experience.
- Equity Committee
- Calling Students age 50 and over for “Not all the Same” initiative
- Call for LGBQT+ researchers and graduate students: Share your research at PRIDE!
EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Board Game Night: @ The Grad Club, July 19, 7PM
- Grand Bend beach trip: IGSIC and OSC, August 5, 9AM-6PM
- Canada’s Wonderland Trip: IGSIC and IESC, August 26, 8AM-8PM
- 2017 Grad Club golf tournament – Maple Ridge Golf Club, August 12. Register before July 31.
- “From Dissertation to Academic Book” – Facebook Live event about revising your dissertation for publication. Presented by Athabasca University Press, July 18 at 12:30 pm MST
- SOGS BURSARIES
Summer Child Care, Travel & Professional Placement subsidy applications must be submitted to the SOGS office by the August 31.
- SOGS TRIVIA & CONTESTS
- SOGS June trivia winners
- SOGS July trivia contest
- SOGS 2017-18 Handbook photo cover contest – extended deadline July 25
NOTES FROM SOGS ADVOCACY: PETITIONS AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Mounting evidence and support for a $15 minimum wage
- Calling on the federal government to #SupportTheReport
- Petition to prioritize the protection of digital rights in the renegotiation of NAFTA
Email email@example.com for more information or to submit newsletter content.