SOGS Update, the official monthly electronic newsletter from SOGS, keeps you up to date on issues and events affecting graduate students at Western University.
SOGS is trying out a new newsletter format, please let us know what you think. Links are underlined and active in PDF, and a detailed index is below.
IN THE AUGUST ISSUE OF SOGS UPDATE:
International Students Household Items Donation drive
Drop off your items to the SOGS office until August 31st. The department with the most number of donations will win a night at the Grad Club!
- Call for SOGS committee members & volunteers
- Academic Committee
- Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Award (GSTA) Committee
- International Graduate Students’ Issues Committee (IGSIC)
- Equity Committee
- Finance, Grad Club, and Bursary & Subsidy Committees
- Ad-hoc committee for Ontario-wide research conference
- Graduate Peer Support (GPS) Committee
- Volunteers in Progress (VIP) program
- SOGS Ombudsperson election on August 31
Interested candidates should send their nomination, as well as an optional 1 page candidate’s statement, to the SOGS Speaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before August 22 2017.
EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Board Game Night: @ The Grad Club, August 16, 7PM
- Canada’s Wonderland Trip: IGSIC and IESC, August 26, 8AM-8PM
- 2017 Grad Club golf tournament – Maple Ridge Golf Club, August 12 – Still time to register!
- Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream & Tie-Dye at the Grad Club, August 22, 5-7 pm
- 18th annual Graduate Symposium on Music (WUGSOM), August 25th–26th, 2017
- Gear up for Orientation Week at SOGS and Graduate Wellness Week
- TA Day: Graduate Student Conference on Teaching
- TATP – Teaching Assistant Training Program
- NOTES FROM SOGS FINANCE & ACCOUNTING: FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Summer Child Care, Travel & Professional Placement subsidy applications must be submitted to the SOGS office by the August 31.
- SOGS TRIVIA & CONTESTS
- SOGS August trivia contest
Email email@example.com for more information or to submit newsletter content.