Past Initiatives & Events:
- Take Back the Campus: 2016 and 2017.
- “What is Feminism?” Discussion Groups: “In the Workplace and Classroom: Part II“; “Graduate Studies and Parenthood: Part III
- WCC & International Graduate Student Household Drive: 2015, 2016, 2017, and the 2018 one is set for this August, 2018!
- Safe messaging developed and presented at SGPS Graduate Student Orientation in 2015 and 2016. Working on incorporating this message in the new format of Orientation (no presentations; Q&A).
- 2016 Sexual Violence Policy Consultation and formally sits on SVPEC (Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Committee)
- Parent Advocacy Group Meeting, Wednesday, June 27th at 10:00 am: We’re starting a parent advocacy group to address issues facing graduate parents on campus. Open to any graduate student parents on campus. Come out and discuss issues related to parenting and equity in your studies. Learn about programs and services available on campus, equity avenues, community programs and services and more.
- Upstander Training Opportunity, June 25, 2018 | 12:00 – 3:00 pm: Are you a graduate student who is interested in receiving Upstander sexual violence intervention training? We are offering a free opportunity for 20 Graduate Students on Monday June 25th from 12:00-3:00 pm to receive our newly designed training. This training can help you learn to identify common issues related to sexual violence in graduate school and on campus and learn how to intervene at critical moments. This training was designed specifically for graduate students and was developed with funding and input from the Ontario Women’s Directorate.
Past Women’s Concern’s Commissioners
- Melanie Stone. 2017-18
Women’s Concerns Resources here.