Mission Statement / Mandate
The Society of Graduate Student’s Equity Committee advocates equality, and assists graduate students experiencing inequality at the University of Western Ontario.
The SOGS equity committee is currently working on identifying equity and mental health issues on campus. In January 2015 it conducted a focus group and is now carrying out a survey of graduate students. The results of the focus group and survey will be used to help compile a guide to easily connect students to help students connect to resources on campus and in the wider London community. They will also be used to identify where gaps in resources exist, and help the the committee advocate for better services on campus to address equity and mental health issues.
If you would like to become involved with these issues, or have suggestions for issues of equity for the committee to become involved in, please consider becoming a member!
Other Committees Working on Equity Related Issues:
- Equity and Human Rights: Resources on Discrimination and Harassment
- The Western Ontarians with Disabilities Act Committee (WODAC)
- The President's Committee for the Safety of Women on Campus
- Western's Caucus on Women's Issues
- Student Development Centre: Services for Students with Disability
- Student Development Centre: Indigenous Services
- Women's Issues Network UWO
- The Joint Faculty/Administration: Employment Equity Committee