Mission Statement / Mandate
The Society of Graduate Student’s Equity Committee advocates equality, and assists graduate students experiencing inequality at the University of Western Ontario.
The SOGS equity committee is currently (1) developing information about parenting services and nursing station accessibility on Western's campus, (2) re-examining the roles of Commissioner's in order to build strong collaboration between groups on equity issues, and (3) building a knowledge partnership with other equity-related committees, councils and campus services to keep graduate students informed and up-to-date on current issues and events. We continue to work to promote equity, and improve the graduate student experience at UWO.
If you would like to become involved with these issues, or have suggestions for issues of equity for the committee to become involved in, please consider becoming a member!
Other Committees Working on Equity Related Issues:
- Equity and Human Rights: Resources on Discrimination and Harassment
- The Western Ontarians with Disabilities Act Committee (WODAC)
- The President's Committee for the Safety of Women on Campus
- Western's Caucus on Women's Issues
- Student Development Centre: Services for Students with Disability
- Student Development Centre: Indigenous Services
- The University Students Council: Equity Programming Committee
- The University Students Council: Accessibility Development Committee
- Women's Issues Network UWO
- Teaching Support Centre: Fostering Diversity in the Classroom
- The Joint Faculty/Administration: Employment Equity Committee