For the full September Council package, see here.
The next Council meeting will take place October 24th in MC 110.
Speaker’s Corner: 4-5pm (prior to Council meetings, *last Thursday of the month) @ the Grad Club. For all Council related matters, contact email@example.com.
- Graduate wellness week 2019 Events: (All additional info is found at sogs.ca/wellness-week or on the SOGS Facebook page)
- Craft Night @ The Grad Club (Monday, Sept. 30 @7pm)
- Strengths Seminar (Tuesday, Oct. 1 in IGAB room 1N05 @1:30pm.) Take the GALLOP STRENGTHS test (first 15 students are FREE, after that it’s $17 per student).
- Trivia Night at the Grad Club (Tuesday, Oct. 1 @ 7pm)
- Financial Literacy Seminar (Wed. Oct. 2 @ 10am-1pm in IGAB Atrium). REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Wellness Forum (Thurs. Oct. 3 @10am-1pm in the IGAB Atrium) ** REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Rick McGhie at the Grad Club (Thurs. Oct. 3 @7pm)
- Family Football Game (Saturday, Oct. 5 @1pm at TD Stadium). *Students get in free by showing student ID + 4 FREE tickets for family. Get your family tickets here. Used code “SOCIALSOGS” at the check-out.
- WEEK LONG FITNESS PASSES! Get your fitness card at the SOGS office! Go to 5 fitness classes + head over to the WEC and the Student Health Services to get the back of your card stamped and be entered to win a $100 gift card for groceries.
- WEEKLONG HEALTHY LUNCHES at the Grad Club! See the menu here.
- GRADtoberfest @ The Grad Club. October 17 @7pm. $10 for members | $15 for non-members. Buy tickets in the SOGS office. Your choice of: Octoberfest sausage, veggie sausage, and chicken schnitzel + fries and pretzel + beer samples. See our Facebook invite for more details.
- Family Halloween Party: Monday, Oct. 28 @5pm. Costume party for the little ones + pumpkin carving + costume contest and loot bags for kids + parents in costume get a free cocktail! Pizza party. $5 per adult, kids are free. See our Facebook invite for more details.
Self-Care and Support
- SOGS Peer Advisor for Academic Matters: Ariana Potichnyj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Graduate Peer Support (GPS) Drop-In Sessions every Tuesday and Thursday from 5-7 pm in the Western Interdisciplinary Research Building, room 1110. Lear more on our Facebook Event listing
- Dissertation drop-in: Fridays from 10am-3:45pm. Bring your lunch, coffee and snacks, and write in a stress-free space all day in the SOGS multi-purpose room.
SOGS Financial Support and Funds
- Declan Hodgins, USC Secretary-Treasurer, presented a report on the SOGS UCC fee and which USC services benefit graduate students.
- Call for Commissioner (Accessibility, Indigenous, Pride, Racial Equity and Inclusivity, and Women’s Concerns) nominations: Submit nominations to email@example.com by 4pm on October 15th (elections to take place at October Council)
- A motion to give Vice Presidents voting rights at all SOGS meetings, including Council and committee meetings was referred to the Bylaws and Constitution Committee for review.
- All other motions will be discussed at the next Council meeting due to loss of quorum.