- See the AGM package for reports and agenda
- A guest speaker from the Office of Human Research Ethics reported at the AGM regarding the research ethics process.
- FOR COUNCILLORS: The next Council meeting will be on MARCH 28 in MC 110.
- Speaker’s Corner @ 4-5 pm prior to Council meetings (last Thursday of every month except December). If you have questions regarding SOGS or SOGS Council, come by and ask.
- SOGS offers the Wellness Joint Fund for departments to help support wellness events for graduate students on and off campus. ca/wellness-joint-fund
- SOGS members: Free tax filing through CFS (use the code CFS1981): ufile.ca
- The GPS committee drop-in peer support program continues on Tuesdays from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm in room 17 in Middlesex College.
- Dissertation drop-in: Fridays from 10 am – 3:45 pm. Bring your lunch, coffee and snacks, and write in a stress-free space all day in the SOGS multi-purpose room.
- SOGS is hiring! SOGS is hiring a graduate student for a part-time data entry position updating the Motions Database. Pay rate is $20 per hour up to a maximum of $1000. Send a 250-word Statement of Interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Deadline: March 14, 4pm.
Motions – Summary and Outcomes
VP Finance Motions: Two motions from the VP Finance were passed. These motions adjusted the SOGS and Grad Club Budget as well as the health plan administration and bus plan administration fees as a result of the details received about the Ontario government’s Student Choice Initiative since the January Council meeting.
SOGS President Motion: The motion to increase the CFS line item for the 2018-2019 fiscal year by $551 in order to send two delegates to the National Graduate Caucus in March was passed.
VP Academic Motion: The motion to move the VP Academic elections to occur at April Council, with the VP Academic to take office for a full term beginning on May 1st was passed. This change will allow for all the SOGS VPs to take office at the same time.
Motion from the floor: A motion from the floor that SOGS condemn the Ontario government’s decision to implement the Student Choice Initiative and that SOGS will work with the Canadian Federation of Students to organize our members to combat these changes was passed.