SOGS AGM: February 15, 2018
6pm, Middlesex College (MC) 105B
For the full report, see here.
- SOGS Office will close after February 16 and will re-open on March 1 in Middlesex College (MC) Room 8. Please keep an eye on our website and social.
- Western Research Forum will be held on March 16.
- SOGS Presidential Election (18-19) nominations will close February 23. Please contact Chief Returning Officier (CRO) (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Deputy Chief Returning Officer (email@example.com). More information can be found here.
For the full Budget presentation, see here.
- Implemented Wellness Joint Fund, Graduate Wellness Week budget, Orientation (50th Anniversary) budget increases.
- Increased funding of Placement Subsidy.
- Increased departmental grants (dependent on Councillors).
- Supporting Graduate Student Senators.
- Taken minimum wage into consideration for the Grad Club.
- In the future, we will see stagnant enrolment due to the Ontario government altering how graduate programs are structured.
- The proposed 18-19 budget passed unanimously.
- Shannon Potter, President, has provided additional information on Strike Mandate Info Sessions. For more information, please see their website and their social media to remain engaged.
- Next meeting with the employers will take place during the first week of March.
Executive Reports (Important/Extra Information)
For all and full reports (including committees under each Executive), please see the AGM Package.
President: For those interested in running for the Office of SOGS President, please see here for more information. REMINDER: the SOGS Office is MOVING to Middlesex College (Room 8).
VP Academic: Western Research Forum discussion component is cancelled due to scheduling conflicts. Will be incorporating a wellness event by working with the Wellness Coordinator.
VP Advocacy: Graduate Peer Support (GPS) responsible for the Food Bank and adjucating Wellness Joint Fund applications.
For those who have not seen the website yet, please check out the SOGS Not All the Same website. Devoted to highlighting the many differences amongst graduate students. Breastfeeding station map is fully up-to-date and on the website.
Graduate Student Issues Committee (GSIC) have provided data have reviewed the results of their recent survey. Found that financial and academic issues are the highest reported by graduate students.
SOGS has matched Western University’s donation of $1000 to the London Pride Parade. Pride Discussion groups happen each month (next one is on March
For more information about Commissioners, contact VP Advocacy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VP Finance: Trying to sustainably renovate the Grad Club. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
VP Student Services: Call to action for greater visibility on graduate mental health. Provide Western with feedback on their Mental Health Strategy Draft, and consider getting involved by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crisis Drop-in set from March 13-April 12. All dates detailed on SOGS Facebook Events.
The USC Tax Clinic has agreed to run a graduate-specific time slot on March 26 from 9am-12pm.
Please fill out the Health Plan survey that was sent out February 6.
Please sign the International Graduate Student Issues Committee (IGSIC) petition in support of international students.
Please encourage all international graduate students to fill out the Student Satisfaction Survey that was sent directly to them via email.
We need people to join the 50th Anniversary Planning Committee! If interested, contact email@example.com.