Nominations for the 2021-2022 Peer Advisor on Academic Matters are now open! The SOGS Peer Advisor:
- is a non-Executive officer of the Society;
- holds monthly meetings and works closely with the VP Academic;
- receives formal peer support and conflict resolution training;
- receives an annual stipend; and,
- is responsible for providing one-on-one confidential support to graduate students relating to academic matters including:
- ACADEMIC APPEALS
- STUDENT-SUPERVISOR RELATIONSHIPS
- LEAVES OF ABSENCES
- FUNDING PACKAGE DISCREPANCIES
- AND MORE
If you’re interested in nominating yourself for the 2021-2022 year, please send a NOMINATION LETTER to the VP Academic via email (email@example.com) indicating your interest and reasons for applying by FRIDAY, APRIL 23, 2021 AT 5PM EST!
If you have any questions about the role, please reach out to the current Peer Advisor, Chidambra Halari (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the VP Academic, Danica Facca (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to chat with you!