SOGS Women’s Concerns Commissioner, Melanie Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Upstander Training Opportunity – June 25, 12:00 – 3:00 pm
Are you a graduate student who is interested in receiving Upstander sexual violence intervention training? We are offering a free opportunity for 20 Graduate Students on Monday June 25th from 12:00-3:00 pm to receive our newly designed training. This training can help you learn to identify common issues related to sexual violence in graduate school and on campus and learn how to intervene at critical moments. This training was designed specifically for graduate students and was developed with funding and input from the Ontario Women’s Directorate. We are hoping to have as many graduate students trained as possible and are offering this training based on student demand. If you are interested in attending this training, please email me at email@example.com by June 20th at 5:00 pm.
Parent Advocacy Group Meeting
Calling all graduate student parents! We’re starting a parent advocacy group to address issues facing graduate parents on campus. Open to any graduate student parents on campus. Come out and discuss issues related to parenting and equity in your studies. Learn about programs and services available on campus, equity avenues, community programs and services and more. Refreshments will be provided and the day will be facilitated by graduate student parents. Join us on Wednesday, June 27th at 10:00 am. If you are interested in participating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Initiatives & Events:
- Take Back the Campus: 2016 and 2017. Stay tuned for the 2018 line up of events set for the end of October!
- “What is Feminism?” Discussion Groups: “In the Workplace and Classroom: Part II“; “Graduate Studies and Parenthood: Part III
- WCC & International Graduate Student Household Drive: 2015, 2016, 2017, and the 2018 one is set for this August, 2018!
- Safe messaging developed and presented at SGPS Graduate Student Orientation in 2015 and 2016. Working on incorporating this message in the new format of Orientation (no presentations; Q&A).
- 2016 Sexual Violence Policy Consultation and formally sits on SVPEC (Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Committee)