COMMUNICATIONS & MEDIA ASSISTANT
We’re looking to hire a part-time Communications & Media Assistant to help better promote the Grad Club and SOGS.
- The Communications and Media Assistant will assist in the development of visual assets and digital content for the Grad Club and SOGS.
- This position will work closely with and take guidance from the Grad Club Manager and the Communications & Promotions Manager of SOGS
- Support the planning and creating of social media content; source appropriate visual assets to go with the social posts
- Review existing social media initiatives and update as necessary on all platforms, aligning with branding guidelines as directed by the Communications & Promotions Manager
- Research competitive branding to develop and execute social media campaigns that drive business and student engagement
- Become the voice of the brand on social media; reply to customers and the public through brand account
- Monitor social media platforms and interact with followers (via Hootsuite)
- Assist in special projects as required. May require working evenings or weekends to cover special events
Currently attending Western University as a graduate student
- Previous experience with social media platforms
- Preference for working knowledge of the Grad Club operations and services
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Advanced skills in using professional-level media content
- Advanced computer skills with Twitter, Meta Business (Facebook & Instagram), Western Email, WordPress
- Familiarity with Canva (Pro), an online graphic design software, and other applications like Photoshop and InDesign
- Reliable and dependable with the ability to effectively work in unsupervised environments
- Ability to follow processes and practices with high attention to detail
- Demonstrates integrity and works in accordance with SOGS’s policies and procedures
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and maintain an organized work environment
- Strong listening, communication (oral and written) skills.
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students and the public
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve goals
- Ability to work in a manner that is compliant with confidentiality requirements as applicable
This position is expected to have a workload of 8-10 hours per week.
$22 per hour
Interested in applying?
Send a brief cover letter (250 words or less) outlining why you’re the perfect fit for the position along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 27 at 4pm ET.