SOGS has overseen a number of surveys in order to enhance the overall graduate student life at Western University.
Campus Recreation (Gym)
- 2016 Campus Recreation Grad Student Usage Survey : primary concerns included graduate student usage of the gym and to determine what services graduate students wanted more/exclusive access to moving forward .
- Results and Graphs
- Conclusion: Many graduate students access the gym, and fairly consistently; majority expressed interest in graduate-specific programming; desire for strengthened partnership between Campus Recreation and SOGS to better promote these services.
Graduate Student Issues
- 2017-2018 Graduate Student Issues Committee Survey (results forthcoming Sept 2018)
- 2014-2015 Health Plan Committee (HPC) Survey (285 respondents)
- Executive Summary
- Primary Concerns: more coverage for dental and vision; more visibility/communication about the Plan
- 2017-2018 Health Plan Committee (HPC) Survey (556 respondents)
- Primary concerns: 45.7% stated they wished to increase the cost of the Plan to increase the level of coverage; 29.7% reported they did not know they had mental health coverage as part of the Plan; dental, vision, and mental health identified as largest priority to students.
International Graduate Student Issues
- 2013 International Graduate Student Issues Survey (172 respondents)
- 2017-2018 International Graduate Student Satisfaction Survey (results forthcoming)