For the October Council package, see here.
The next Council meeting will take place November 26, 2020 on Zoom.
Speaker’s Corner: 5-6pm (prior to Council meetings, last Thursday of the month) on Zoom. For all Council related matters or to attend Speaker’s Corner, contact email@example.com.
- Join the SOGS Discord server for Virtual Events, such as Council Bingo, Weekly Thesis Writing Drop-ins, Graduate Peer Support Drop-ins, Games Night, and more!
- The Anti-Racist Book Club led by our current Racial Equity & Inclusivity and Gender Concerns Commissioners will be reading “Half Breed” by Maria Campbell for the month of November.
- Graduate Peer Support Committee is working on a call-out for recipes to be included in a graduate student oriented community cookbook to come out in Summer 2021! Stay tuned for more information later in November.
- Canada-Wide Grad Student Trivia Championship is coming in November! Special thanks to our VP SS, Jeremy Johnston for helping to organize this! Want to play for one of SOGS’ 10 teams (if there are spaces left)? Learn more at sogs.ca/events/.
SELF-CARE AND SUPPORT:
- SOGS Peer Advisor for Academic Matters: Chidambra Halari (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SOGS FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND FUNDS:
The following committees had new members elected:
- Academic Committee
- Bursaries and Subsidies Committee
- Equity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Grad Club Committee
- GradCast Committee
- Graduate Peer Support
- Orientation and Social Committee
- Policy Committee
Congratulations to our new Commissioners team for the 2020-21 year!
- Accessibility Commissioner – Ashton-Nicola Forrest
- Gender Concerns Commissioner – Francesca Alexander
- Pride Commissioner – Shannon-Thomas Carnahan
- Racial Equity and Inclusivity Commissioner – Saadia Bokhari
- Motion 1 (with amendment): Allows an ad-hoc Accessibility Committee to be struck
READ PAST COUNCIL SUMMARY REPORTS HERE.