- SOGS Office will be closed to members on the Friday after Council.
- Western University will resume classes on January 11th for all undergraduate and most graduate programs. Check with your faculty.
- Western is adding a new policy come January for all staff and employees on campus (including TAs) to allow the use of 2 new “flex days” for vacation use between January 4 and May 31. These are supposed to be used for any type of mental health day or vacation day and are to be organized with your course supervisors.
- The Graduate Peer Support Committee is looking for members to submit recipes, culinary tips & tricks, and/or food resources to the SOGS Survival Guide to Cooking! Head over to sogs.ca/cookbook to learn more!
- Graduate Student Issues Survey is LIVE! Check your inboxes for an email from SOGS, or check out @westernsogs on social media. In order to better advocate for members, SOGS needs your feedback. SOGS is giving out 3 x $50 grocery store gift cards as prizes for participating.
- Land Defender Panel: Call-out for 2 grad student panelists (see sogs.ca/events for more information)
- Motion 1 – Council approved the creation of an ad-hoc anti-racism committee
- Motion 2 – Council approved the Non-TA UHIP subsidy application form (see sogs.ca/subsidies for more information)
- Motion 3 – Council approved the Bursaries and Subsidies Committee’s Policy document
- Motion 4 – Council approved the Policy Committee’s Policy document
- Motion 5 – Council approved the Orientation & Social Committee’s Policy document
- Motion 7 – Council extended the SOGS Pilot Executive Compensation project’s report by one year
The following committees had new members ratified:
- Appeals Review Commission
- Equity Committee
- Grad Club Committee
- GradCast Committee
- Graduate Peer Support Committee
- Graduate Student Issues Committee
- Health Plan Committee
- Orientation and Social Committee
- Policy Committee
- Sustainability Committee
The following individuals were elected to new/returning roles and should be set up within the system accordingly:
Accessibility Commissioner: Merna Seliman
Indigenous Commissioner: Geneveave Barbo
Racial Equity and Inclusivity Commissioner: Denise Kamyuka
Chief Returning Officer: Laila Zaitoun
VP Advocacy: Yousuf Hasan
READ PAST COUNCIL SUMMARY REPORTS HERE.