October 2023 Council & Elections Meeting Summary
The next Council Meeting will take place November 30th in person (MC108) (ZOOM link will still be provided to those who request it from the Speaker).
- Chloee Godin-Jacques (email@example.com) elected Accessibility Commissioner
- Laura Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org) elected Gender Concerns Commissioner
- Hannah Litchfield (email@example.com) elected Racial Equity & Inclusivity Commissioner
- Ehsan Mohammed (firstname.lastname@example.org) elected Sustainability Coordinator
- Five Councillors elected to the Board Steering Committee
- Pride Commissioner (December – April)
- International Commissioner (December – April)
- Chief Returning Officer (January – April)
Committee Member Ratification:
- Council approved the SOGS and Grad Club audit statements to be published for member review.
- Council approved the SOGS Strategic Plan.
- Council approved transitioning the International Graduate Student Issues Committee into an International Commission and creating the International Commissioner.
- SOGS approved the creation of an ad hoc Board of Directors Steering Committee.
- Council approved updates to SOGS’ VP Finance bylaws regarding audit requirements.
- The SOGS President is working on creating a letter to go to Western administration regarding increases to ancillary fees.
READ PAST COUNCIL SUMMARY REPORTS HERE.