For the full July Council Meeting package, see here.
The next Council meeting will take place August 27, 2020 on Zoom.
Speaker’s Corner: 5-6pm (prior to Council meetings, last Thursday of the month) on Zoom. For all Council related matters or to attend Speaker’s Corner, contact email@example.com.
- Join the SOGS Discord server for Virtual Events
Self-Care and Support
- SOGS Peer Advisor for Academic Matters: Chidambra Halari (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SOGS Financial Support and Funds
- VICE-PRESIDENT FINANCE: Becky Horst was acclaimed! Congratulations!
- OMBUDSPERSON: Amelia Yuan was elected! Congratulations!
- Call for nominations:
- SOGS Gender Concerns Commissioner: SOGS members in good standing wishing to nominate themselves to the position of SOGS Gender Concerns Commissioner must send their nomination (as well as an optional 1-page election poster/platform for inclusion in the SOGS Council mail-out) to the Speaker (email@example.com) no later than August 18, 2020 at 5:00 pm EDT. More information at sogs.ca/non-executive-positions
- Motion 1: Allows summer term subsidies to applied to via an online format
- Motion 2: Allows one member of the BSC to take on adjudication of summer term subsidies IF the position of administrative coordinator is not filled by August 30th
- Motion 3: Allows SOGS to use a portion of the health plan credit to pilot StudentCare’s Empower Me program
- Motion 4: Approves the Executive to draft a letter to Western Parking Services on behalf of graduate students
- Motion N05: SOGS Executive to release two letters from McKenzie Lake lawyers to the SOGS membership
READ PAST COUNCIL SUMMARY REPORTS HERE.