The Social Fund is to support Graduate Student Associations and Departments to host social events to foster a stronger and more visible graduate student community at Western.
The Social Fund is not meant to replace or supplement Graduate Association/Department funding, but to provide additional support in order to strengthen relationships within and between Graduate Associations/Departments.
Supports can include (but are not limited to):
- help coordinating event logistics
- brainstorming event ideas
- room booking, ticket sales
- advertising, board game loans
- helping staff the event, prizes
- Grad Club money or financial support
HOW TO APPLY:
- Fill out our application, available here
- Submit the PDF application to Orientation and Social Committee Chair (email@example.com) and the Vice-President Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Priority will be given to applications that will benefit the largest number of graduate students or projects with unique merits
- Low priority will be assigned to applications which heavily overlap with other funding alternatives (SOGS Academic Joint Fund, SOGS Wellness Joint Fund, etc.)