Need to de-stress after a busy day? Join us at the Grad Club for an evening of crafting and creativity. Have your own projects? Great! Bring them with you. Need some help getting the creative juices flowing? Use our supplies. Light snacks will be provided.
Discover and develop your talents in graduate school!
Have you ever been asked, “What are your strengths?” Throughout graduate school and during the job search process the capacity to understand your strengths, to articulate your talents, and to recognize your approach to work and relationships can set you apart from the crowd.
Discovering and developing your strengths as a graduate student begins with a 30-40 minute Gallup Strengths inventory which will ask you about your preferences and tendencies in a variety of situations. Next, you are provided with your Top 5 Themes of Talent – five qualities that explain what makes you unique.
You will then engage in a 90 min self-reflective and interactive workshop, which enables great discussions and group connection about how to leverage the power of your strengths and talents to inspire personal growth and help contribute to a strong academic community. Students will leave with actionable steps towards achieving their academic and professional goals.
In this 90 min workshop participants will:
- Learn the philosophy behind Gallup Strengths
- Identify and appreciate their talents
- Learn how to align their talents to do their personal and graduate work exceptionally well
Cost: First 15 students will take the assessment for free, additional students will be charged $17 to cover the cost of Gallup Strengths Finder.
How: Sign up via Connect. Students will take a strengths assessment before coming to the 90 min workshop.
Take the GALLUP STRENGTHS FINDER test HERE.
Be part of grad school tradition at Western! Arrive early for good seats. Play as a team or fly solo. Three rounds of trivia. Grad Club gift voucher prizes for the winning teams. $5 pints of Steam Whistle every Tuesday. Try some of the Grad Club’s pub food and appetizers while you play.
Want to learn more about finances in grad school? Hear from the SOGS Finance Committee about student finances, including ways to budget effectively as a graduate student. FREE PIZZA LUNCH!
Want to learn more about wellness in grad school? Join us for a keynote speech by Monica Munaretto, Manager, Graduate Student Life of the office of Student Experience at Western U. Monica is also a PhD candidate (at the University of Toronto) who studies “alternative career pathways for PhDs”, and has loads of experience dealing with a work-life balance in grad school.
Over a free pizza lunch, we will also host an intimate “candid conversations” sessions where attendees can engage in frank, judgement-free discussions about grad life, which includes, but is not limited to: student-supervisor relationships, dealing with academic or professional conflicts, work-life balance, mental health in grad school, and more.
Join us at the Grad Club for a night of social wellness and local music.
Student Family Tickets:
- Student gets in FREE with student card
- Four guest tickets will be made available online for the children, partners or other family members of students.
How to Get Tickets:
- Please visit the Mustangs ticket webpage and sign up using your student email account;
- Select up to four General Admissions tickets (seating in Sections A and E) to the Oct. 5th Game versus the Waterloo Warriors;
- At checkout, use the code “SOCIALSOGS“ in the coupon box to redeem your four FREE family tickets
This is one of the final events of Wellness Week. Social Wellness (one of the six dimensions of Wellness) includes:
- Having meaningful relationships with friends and family
- Making time to spend with loved ones
- Student-student relationships
- Student-staff relationships
- Institutional Identification
This event is intended to support Social Wellness and feelings of connectedness to our campus community.
Game Day Amenities:
- Blow up slides
- Bouncy Castle
- Games/toys available from Western Sports Camps
- Staff on hand to support families with games/facilities
The Grad Club has come up with a healthy lunch menu for Wellness Week. Read the full menu HERE.
Pick up your Fitness Pass from the SOGS Office to WIN PRIZES!
Pick up your Fitness Passes from the SOGS Office (Middlesex College, Room 8). ATTEND UP TO FIVE FITNESS CLASSES FOR FREE. Attend five fitness classes and visit the WEC and Health Services and have staff initial the back of the fitness class pass card to be eligible to win a PRIZE ($100 grocery store gift card).