Benefits of SOGS Membership
SOGS provides its members with several benefits and services including health and dental coverage, bus passes, financial assistance, and advocacy on behalf of students at the university, local, provincial and national levels.
The SOGS extended health coverage helps hundreds of students every year by making what can be expensive procedures and examinations more affordable. In addition, SOGS financial programs help graduate students improve their education and experience by providing funds for travelling to conferences, and other related activities. SOGS is proud to announce that $149,500.00 was awarded in Bursaries and Subsidies for the 2012-13 academic year:
- $9,000 awarded for Child Care Bursaries
- $25,500 awarded for Travel Bursaries
- $90,000 awarded to the Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund winners
- $15,000 awarded to the Out of Province winners
- $5,000 awarded to the Grad Club winners
- $5,000 awarded in 125th Anniversary Scholarships
SOGS Council and the Executive are working hard to expand services, benefits, and financial programs for graduate students at UWO. Should you have any questions about our services, please do not hesitate to contact us.