Read the full July Council package here.
The next Council meeting will take place August 22 in MC 110. *Please note this is in conjunction with a SOGS General Meeting.
Speaker’s Corner:4-5pm (prior to Council meetings, last Thursday of the month) @ the Grad Club. SOGS Council Feedback survey: tinyurl.com/SOGSCouncil. For all Council related matters, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Grad Club is hiring a new trivia master/mistress. Email email@example.com if you’re interested
- The Women’s Concerns Commissioner and the Wellness Education Centre want to organize a Parenting Support Group for Graduate Students. Please help by filling out this survey.
- SOGS is commencing the Household Donation Drive on August 1-September 14. Bring your small to medium-sized household goods to the SOGS office. The department with the most donated items wins a sweet prize.
- Monthly Karaoke Nights: Aug 23, 7pm @ the Grad Club
- SOGS goes to Canada’s Wonderland! Saturday, August 17 (8am-8pm). $65 per person. Buy your tickets at the SOGS office AFTER the long weekend.
Self-Care and Support
- SOGS Peer Advisor for Academic Matters: Ariana Potichnyj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Graduate Peer Support (GPS): drop-in will resume in the fall.
- Dissertation drop-in: Fridays from 10am-3:45pm. Bring your lunch, coffee and snacks, and write in a stress-free space all day in the SOGS multi-purpose room.
SOGS Financial Support and Funds
- SOGS Ombudsperson: Martin LeFebvre was acclaimed.
- SOGS Racialized Commissioner: Mohammad Sharifi was elected.
- A motion was passed to call a SOGS General Meeting on August 22, 2019, to address proposed amendments to the SOGS Constitution. These amendments reflect changes in the SOGS membership structure affected by the Student Choice initiative and must be finalized before the SCI options are put into effect.
- A motion was passed to schedule the 2019 August SOG Council meeting to coincide with the general meeting on August 22, 2019.