For the full June Council package, see here.
The next Council meeting will take place July 25th in MC 110.
Speaker’s Corner: 4-5pm (prior to Council meetings, last Thursday of the month) @ the Grad Club. For all Council related matters, contact email@example.com.
- Monthly Bring Your Own Crafts: July 8th, 7pm @ the Grad Club
- Monthly Board Game Night: July 17th, 7pm @ the Grad Club
- Monthly Karaoke Nights: July 19th, 7pm @ the Grad Club
- VRcadia event July 25 (after council) (8pm – ?). Refreshments will be provided. VRcadia is the VR event space at Richmond St. and Oxford St. The owner is a previous SOGS member. Entire space will be booked off for SOGS members.
- SOGS goes to Canada’s Wonderland! Saturday, August 17 (8am-8pm). $65 per person. Buy your tickets at the SOGS office AFTER the long weekend.
Self-Care and Support
- SOGS Peer Advisor for Academic Matters: Ariana Potichnyj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Graduate Peer Support (GPS): drop-in will resume in the fall.
- Dissertation drop-in: Fridays from 10am-3:45pm. Bring your lunch, coffee and snacks, and write in a stress-free space all day in the SOGS multi-purpose room.
SOGS Financial Support and Funds
- Speaker: Lola Wong was acclaimed as the new SOGS Speaker
- Call for SOGS Ombudsperson nominations (election to take place at July Council): SOGS members in good standing wishing to nominate themselves to the position must send their nomination (as well as an optional 1-page election poster/platform for inclusion in the SOGS Council mail-out) to the Speaker (email@example.com) no later than July 16th at 5:00 pm EDT.
- A motion was passed to create the position of Racialized Students’ Commissioner.
- A motion was passed to provide an honorarium to the GSTA Committee Chair for his service in May-June 2019.
- A motion passed to delay the start of the Research Assistant position until January 2020.
- A motion to restructure and update Section 3.6 “Other Policies” and to relocate these policies into a new Chapter 4 entitled “Position Statements” was passed.
- Motions were passed to extend the Freedom of Expression committee’s term to Fall 2019 in order to plan and execute a Freedom of Expression event in mid-to-late September, and to allocate $200 from the President’s discretionary fund to this September event.
- A motion was passed to charge HST on SOGS membership dues.