Read the Council Summary
For the full May Council package, see here.
The next Council meeting will take place June 27th in MC 110.
Speaker’s Corner: 4-5pm (prior to Council meetings, last Thursday of the month) @ the Grad Club. For all Council related matters, contact email@example.com.
- Breaking the Fast BBQ End of Ramadan Celebration: Thursday June 6th, 5-7pm @ the Grad Club.
- Monthly Bring Your Own Crafts: June 10th, 7pm @ the Grad Club
- Monthly Board Game Night: June 19th, 7pm @ the Grad Club
- Monthly Karaoke Night: June 21st, 7-10pm @ the Grad Club
Self-Care and Support
- SOGS Peer Advisor for Academic Matters: Ariana Potichnyj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Graduate Peer Support (GPS): drop-in on Tuesdays (5:30pm-6:30pm) in MC 17 will resume in the fall.
- Dissertation drop-in: Fridays from 10am-3:45pm.
SOGS Financial Support and Funds
- Ombudsperson: SOGS has elected a new Ombudsperson: Martin Lefebvre
- Call for SOGS Speaker nominations: SOGS members in good standing who wish to nominate themselves to the position of Speaker must send their nomination (and an optional 1-page election poster/platform) to the SOGS Executive (email@example.com) no later than June 18th at 4:00 pm EDT.
- A motion was passed to sign a five-year agreement with SOGS’ current health care provider/broker.
- A motion was passed to update the Policy Committee Bylaws (126.96.36.199.) to reflect current practice so that the Policy Committee is no longer responsible for maintaining the motions database.
- A motion was passed to use the remaining 2015-2016 surplus funds ($2180.04) to host one staff event and one event with its wider membership to raise awareness and secure support in the face of the Student Choice Initiative. Any remaining funds from this amount will be used towards SCI expenses.
- A motion was passed to strike an ad hoc committee to encourage graduate students to remain part of the SOGS membership and to promote the “Stick with SOGS” campaign.
- A motion was passed to strike an ad hoc committee to assist the Women’s Concerns Commissioner with planning the Take Back the Campus March during October’s Consent and Sexual Violence Awareness Week.